Sunday 18 August 2013

This Little MILF Went to London

I let Piglet fill her own water bottle for synchronised swimming, and failed to check the cap was tightly screwed on. So my sox for my friend James got soaking wet and I had to rush round at the last minute to find another pair to amuse myself with on the trip to London. Swiss Army wife gave me this delightful book on socks which is full of historical detail and patterns. (Yes I am going to knit the embroidered woollen stockings :devil:.)


(If you are seriously going to London with kids, my top tips for trips are here.) 


Lunch in Trafalgar Square -
Piglet got the fruit and I got the pickles. 
Basic sustenance for the MILF















When we left Fortnums, it was just five minutes to four so we were able to see the footmen coming out either side of the famous clock on the front of the building, nod their heads to each other and go back in their boxes. 


I totally want this gorgeous washbasin! 















Natural History Museum
cakes were sadly very expensive. 
OMG! JackLuis, what
are you doing in
the Natural History Museum? 


In the V&A


V&A toilet - the long queue allows you time to
admire  Felice Varini's Six Circles in Disorder. 
Mmm, baby octopii in sweet chillis!
What a shame nobody else liked them
so I had to eat them all myself. 

Yah yah, managed to lose my
other li'l pearl earring among the
Crown Jewels, LOL. 
In the Tower of London, Piglet took lots of photos of the Yeomen of the Guard for her cousin. After she had snapped one particular Guard, I suggested she go back and thank him. He looked surprised and impressed, then he watched her come across the yard back to me. Suddenly he came rushing over to say: "Is that your daughter ... or your little sister." Even the Baron looked boggled at this blatant bit of flattery. At my age, I'm quite grateful not to be asked if I'm her grandmother! I managed with some difficulty to prevent myself rolling all over the cobblestones with laughter. Later, I saw him kindly posing by a Grenadier Guard so Piglet could take pix of the two of them. 


Mmmm, what a very big ... lance :devil:



Something to take back for the
Hot Arabic Chicks thread
Spotted some nice presents at the Tower and also the British Museum for friends from the board. Didn't manage to get a pic of johneb87's gift, as someone was still wearing it. (It was a T-shirt with Darth Vader on it, saying: Come over to the dark side. We have cookies.Judging by the way the word 'biscuit' was spelt I imagine it will not be impossible to track it down in Seattle.) There were some lovely make your own cardboard model kits of torture instruments for the S&M writers. 

A diary for LaRascasse
so he can
always carpe diem
Stationery for Saxon_Hart
to write nice stories with. 

Something to inspire
StellaOmegaDampy
and me


Travelling home (First Class upgrade naturellement. 
Complimentary hot chocolate, crisps, shortbread 
biscuits ... mmmm. No, we had to buy the Jelly Beans. 
Get your mitts off! they are Piglet's.).

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I appreciate the thought on the shirt. <3 *blushes* Glad you had a fun time! That sushi looks good too.

    ReplyDelete